Pt100 Model L Low-Temperature Precision Thermometers
The eXacal precision thermometers are used for precise temperature measurements or as calibration standards.
- NEW design: gastight handle with inert gas filling
- Temperature range: -200 °C to 250 °C
- small measurement uncertainties: 11 mK to 13 mK
- robust alternative to ITS-90 standard thermometers
- high stability and good calibration capability
- low hysteresis and drift due to inert gas
New design: gastight handle with inert gas filling
Due to the new design of the gas-tight handle, the thermometer’s protective tube can be filled with a protective gas. This improves the properties of the thermometer and ensures less drift and hysteresis at the extremely low temperatures down to the argon point (-189 °C).
eXacal thermometers are calibrated in our own DAkkS calibration laboratory. The DAkkS accreditation ensures that all calibrations are traceable to national and international standards.
The calibration of eXacal resistance thermometers is carried out at ITS-90 fixed points. It is also possible to carry out calibrations according to the comparison method in liquid baths and calibration furnaces. The measurement uncertainty is calculated from many components. The largest contributions are reproducibility, ITS-90 function, self-heating and hysteresis.
- Small measurement uncertainties with DAkkS calibration certificate
- Temperature fixed points from argon triple point -189,3442 °C to tin freezing point 231.928 °C
- ITS-90 standard thermometer for comparison calibration
|-189,3442 °C||Argon||11 mK|
|-38,8344 °C||Mercury||5 mK|
|0,01 °C||Water||5 mK|
|29,7646 °C||Gallium||6 mK|
|156,5985 °C||Indium||9 mK|
|231,928 °C||Tin||10 mK|
The given measurement uncertainties correspond to k=2, include an ITS-90 function and are given for the respective range.
|Temperature range||-189,4332 °C to 231,928 °C|
|Nominal resistance||Pt100 (100 Ohm)|
|typical annual drift||2,5 mk|
|Connecting cable||temperature resistant – very low EMF stranded wires from own production|
|Connection||Banana plugs or depending on configuration|
|Handle||∅ 20 mm x 100 mm (new design: gas tight)|
|Connection cable||2 m|
|R0||100 Ohm ± 0,05 Ohm|
|Alpha||0,003850 ± 0,000005|
|recommended measuring current||1 mA|
|Self-heating||5 mK to 10 mK|
|Fixed point calibration||11 mK to 13 mK|
|Comparison calibration||15 mK to 25 mK|
Questions about the thermometer?